Wechseln Sie zur deutschen Version dieser Website
Please check our guidelines before preparing your application.
Formal requirements for your application:
- citizenship of one participating CEE-country
- residence in one participating CEE-country at the time of application (you cannot apply if you study or work in Germany at the time of application)
- above-average (good to very good) degree of one participating CEE-country (Master or Diploma)
- all disciplines are eligible
- the university degree must not be older than three years at the time of application
- proposal of an environmental relevant and applied topic; please check our FAQs for the outline
- sufficient knowledge of the German language; needs to be proven at the beginning of the stay at the host institution
- application and interview take place in German or English
- we especially fund persons without prior study experience in Germany
- funding cannot be used for studies (Master, PhD) in Germany
- PhD students are eligible if the PhD thesis is not completed during the fellowship
DBU can support you in finding an appropriate host institution in Germany. Own initiative of the applicants is appreciated. The host can still be defined after approval of the fellowship.
You meet our requirements and would like to apply for a fellowship? Please register for your online application on the country-specific pages. Application deadlines differ for the different countries.
You need the following documents for your online application in German or English:
- description of a topic of environmental protection or nature conservation you would like to work on in Germany and which is of environmental relevance for your home country, the EC or globally; please check our FAQs for the outline
- copies of university certificates (master, diploma, bachelor)
- written statement by an academic advisor from the home country; alternatively by a supervisor
- German and/ or English language certificate
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The most frequent questions are answered in our FAQ section. Please contact DBU, the program coordinator or the alumni network in your home country for any further questions.
The diagram on the left side shows the process of a successful application and the fellowship in Germany. The best applicants will be chosen once a year. The 6-12 months fellowship in Germany begins approximately six months after the selection interviews have taken place.