The basic formal requirements for applicants are:
• University graduate from one of the participating countries
• A citizen of the participating country
• Permanent residence in the participating country
• Above-average (good to very good) grade point average for university degree (Master or Diploma, a Bachelor's degree only is not sufficient)
• Graduation from the degree programme was no more than three years prior to the application date
• Topic addresses a relevant environmental issue (for the home country, the EU or globally)
• Knowlegde of the German language, which must be demonstrated at the beginning of the research stay at the latest (application and interview in German or English)
• The procurement of a company partner or concrete placement befor the begin of the scholarship is not a funding requirement.
If you meet these requirements and want to apply, please register for our online application. If you have any additional questions, please contact us, the programme coordinator in your home country or the corresponding alumni network in your country.
The diagram to the right shows the progress of a successful application and the stay in Germany, from the point of the first contact to the end of scholarship.