The German Federal Environmental Foundation will contribute to the World Climate Conference COP23 in Bonn together with STIFTUNG MERCATOR at the German Pavilion. In an official "Side-Event" on 16 November both foundations will present their contribution and strategies towards climate protection and the energy transition together with international partner organisations. The event takes place on 16 November 2017, 2.30 - 4.00 pm at the so called "Bonn Zone". Participation is possible for all at Bonn Zone registered guests. The Side Event will be held in English.
The World Climate Conference COP23 takes place in Germany from 6 until 17 November 2017 under the presidency of Fiji Islands. Round about 25.000 diplomats, politicians and representatives of civil society from all over the world will meet in Bonn to discuss and agree solutions for climate protection.
Programm Side Event on 16 November, 2.30 - 4.00 pm at German Pavilion (Bonn Zone)
"The role of foundations in international climate action"
The role of foundations for international climate protection and the global energy transition:
What contribution can and will foundations make? Which strategies do they follow? Which challenges do they meet?
14.30 – 15.15 Uhr Presentations:
- Michael Dittrich, DBU - Sustainable asset management in foundations – case study DBU
- Dr. Lars Grotewold, Stiftung Mercator – Foundations as convener – building bridges between the public sector, the private sector, and civil society
- Enrique Konstantinidis, FARN - Transnational action towards climate protection and global energy transition F20/ G20
15.15 – 16.00 Uhr Panel:
- Michael Dittrich, DBU
- Dr. Lars Grotewold, Stiftung Mercator
- Enrique Konstantinidis, FARN
Moderation: Stefan Schurig, Stiftung World Future Council