Research positions available at the University of Lüneburg, Germany
We would like to inform you that in 2011, Leuphana University in Germany will launch the Platform for Sustainable Biokerosene Production. The research interest of the project is to analyze and advance existing concepts of sustainable plant oil production and to put them into practice. These concepts comprise the use of oil bearing trees and shrubs in afforrestation projects (e.g. Jatropha and Moringa) as well as intercropping systems including short seasoned oil plants (e.g. Camelina).
Funding of over EUR 2.5 million for the project has been received from the Innovation Incubator, a program initiated by the Leuphana University of Lüneburg, financed by the European Union and the German Federal State of Lower Saxony. The research project is located at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg in cooperation with Yale University and the University of South Australia.
We are looking for 11 researchers (PhD candidates or post-doctoral research associates) who will be dealing with these and other questions. The objective is to develop consistent concepts of a socially, environmentally and economically sustainable production of biokerosene feedstock on a global scale - concepts, which will be put into practice by a spin-off company.
Vacancies: 9 full-time and 2 part-time positions, fixed-term for 2-3 years starting at the beginning of 2011. Full job postings online here.
Please find more information in the file attached, and don't hesitate to come back to us in case you have any questions.
President Jatropha Alliance
- Newsletter Intern
- Neue und abgeschlossene Stipendien
- Termine 2011
- Einführungsseminar in Osnabrück
- Nobelpreisträgertagung Lindau
- Nachruf Sebastian Trapp
- Zukunfts-Workshop zur Alumni-Arbeit
- Tagung "Grenzenlose Verfügbarkeit strategischer Metalle?"
- Platform for Sustainable Biokerosene Production
- DBU-Fachkolloquium Invertebraten: Verhalten, Naturschutz und Management
- Stipendiatenseminar Cloppenburg
- Einladung Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung
- Deutscher Studienpreis Körber-Stiftung